The use of Cartridge Filters is a simple, low cost, filtration method. It is well suited to a variety of applications and works well with many types of first stage pre-filters or separators.
- Surface Grinding. Fine: < 16 rms
- Internal & Centerless Grinding
- Carbide Grinding
- Honing, Lapping, & Superfinishing
- Diamond & CBN Abrasive Machining
- Wire EDM
- Sinker EDM
- Broaching, Hobbing, Trepanning
- Gear Hobbing
- Boring, Drilling
- Chucking, Milling
- Turning, Lathes, Machining Centers
The pleated type filter elements provide a good amount of filter area for reasonable life and good contaminant removal.
Cartridge Filters are best suited for operations which generate modest contaminant loads and require fairly infrequent element changes. They are a compact size, minimizing floor space requirements.
Depending on the particular application, they can be used as:
- Full flow filters where all the coolant being delivered to the work zone is filtered
- Side stream or kidney loop filters to maintain contaminants in the machine sump at reasonable levels
Design and Customization
Polytech stocks filter housings in:
- 7” x 18” (carbon steel & 304 stainless steel)
- 7” x 36” (carbon steel & 304 stainless steel)
as well as a wide variety of replacement cartridge elements. Speak to one of our engineers about your application's specific requirements.